Tuesday 3 March 2015

BIKE MY WAY 'ROUND

1.Setting Off for a Big Journey


For the past six months or so I have been getting myself ready for a big mission.  I have been training and collecting experience for my long time goal that I have been wanting to tick on my bucket list.  

That is to cycle across America.  

I will be cycling for charity to raise awareness of environmental issues and education.  I selected Cool Earth charity to volunteer for and support them in their unique mission to halt rainforest destruction.  My goal is to fundraise $1000 (USD).  

The number 1000 has become a lot more significant for me as I'm planning on covering over a 1000 miles on a $1000 budget.  I would be very delighted if you helped me to reach this goal and helped me do Good by preserving a good portion of rain forests and supporting communities inhabiting them.


My journey will begin in Vancouver on 10th March 2015. My first destination will be Victoria BC, from where I'll travel to WA, OR, and CA, rimming the Pacific Coast.  All by myself on a very limited budget.  


Here's where you can make a difference:



Thank you for your support.

I will be posting my progress here.

Jonas

No comments:

Post a Comment